Friday, September 14, 2012

Every Pot has a Lid


I've always loved that saying. It promises hope to those that have had bad luck in finding the perfect person.

My love life up until now has felt more like the Tupperware Terror! muah ha ha.  You know...when you put your leftovers into a Tupperware container, and then proceed to try and make 58 lids fit on the top to no avail.  They look like they fit...but gosh darnit if they are not just a little too small or too wide.  That's what my past relationships felt like to me.  Like they should have every chance of working - but something was just skewed a little.

But I think now I've found my lid. He's amazing. He's religious, but curses a little - just like me. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and has a hard time keeping the things he feels concealed inside of his head, he just has to say them -just like me. He wants children. He's artistic. He tells me I'm beautiful just enough that I know he's being honest. He opens the car doors. He cares what my family and friends think about him. He's affectionate. He's a great kisser. He loves animals. He's goregous. The word marriage does not send him running. He's passionate about things. He's motivated and wants to make a better life for himself and his daughter. He comforts me when I have my freak outs from the past - and even better he understands them. He is smart. He has great friends. He has a great family. He has a great daughter.

He is my lid.


1 comment:

  1. Happy for you bey bey! Maybe I will meet him this weekend?

    ReplyDelete