Monday, August 22, 2011

falling in love

This past Friday, I felt something in the air, and my nose picked up on a familiar and lovely scent.  I got excited. "FALL is coming", I said outloud to no one.

I absolutely adore fall.  I love the colors. I love the fresh air. I love having my windows open. I love the low electric bills. I LOVE FALL.

Every relationship I've ever had has started in fall, and I think it's because that's when I feel my best.  I feel like falling in love in fall.

So yesterday at Subway I walked in, and linked eyes with a tattooed, dog tagged soldier sitting in a back booth.  We both smiled at each other.  My heart jumped a beat...maybe it was trying to run away...I laughed to myself (something I do quite frequently) after I imagined the dialouge that my heart and head was having....

Head: firmly stated, "oh no girl, we've had one of those before, and it didn't end well."
Heart: shyly stated, "but look at those eyes, and those tattooes, and that uniform..." swoooon.
Head: "are you trying to make us both go to the loony bin??"
Heart: "maybe this time will be different"
Head: "maybe this time the liver can do damage control instead of me."

I let my head win this one.


1 comment:

  1. Go with your heart, but guard it with your head. Bad experiences can't control you life. As the old saying goes, you win some & lose some. You have to risk loving again, even if you experience hurt, you have a 50/50 chance that it could be LOVE. So, the next "eyes meeting" experience, at least say hello!!

    ReplyDelete