Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mr. Aisle 12



I was doing my normal Friday night, 'I want something delicious to eat' grocery shopping. For those of you who know me, you know that I do not cook.  Well, let me rephrase that. I can cook, I just don't cook well.  It's a running joke in my family that every year at Thanksgiving, my job is to make the deviled eggs, and even with a job as simple as that I still have to ask my big sister, "Now what goes in these"?

But anyways, back to the grocery store...

I am focusing hard on the pre-made hamburgers, thinking to myself now which one of these would be the easiest to make? When I hear a deep voice behind me say "Don't tell me your beautiful, and you know how to cook"? I turn around and all I see is beautiful green eyes, and tight curly brown hair.  I stammer....Thinking of comebacks quickly is not my forte.  I immediately feel the hives (a nervous tell tale sign for me) form on my chest.  He then says "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you".

I tell him that it's ok, I'm not embarrassed, and that I actually can not cook at all.  He chuckles and tells me that I'm in a very peculiar place then if I don't know how to cook.  He is obviously MUCH better at clever banter than me.  He then proceeds to say that I should let him cook me a meal sometime, and maybe he could give me a few pointers.

I took his phone number, which he wrote down and gave me with such ease, as he reiterated that he is serious about the dinner, and I should give him a call.

Help! What should I do? I am definetly NOT going over to a strangers house, so what should I do??

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever call? I would have called, def not gone over for dinner yet, but dinner out first would be nice.

    ReplyDelete