Friday, May 27, 2011

Proper Responses

This blog came about due to an applicant that came in to work today.  Just a little prelude into the conversation, this man was about 300 lbs.
Man: What you eating there?
Me: Some gobstoppers.  Would you like one?
Man: No I can't eat gobstoppers any more, too much sugar, I just had gastric bypass surgery about 3 months ago.
Me: Oh, that's amazing! I've thought about doing that myself.
Man: Oh, you defintely should.

This got me thinking....I know I had prompted the man to give me the response of "you should do it".  But that is NOT the answer that I wanted to hear.  I wanted him to say, and believe the proper response would be "Noooooo, you don't have enought weight to lose to do that!!" So then I began to think of other things that women prefer to NOT hear the truth about...

Statement: Man this dress makes me look horrible.
Unwanted Response: It sure does, it makes your butt look 4 times bigger than usual.
Proper Response: No it doesn't you look good in anything!

Statement: I need to put some makeup on, I'm looking pretty bad.
Unwanted Response: Yeah...I was going to say something about that......
Proper Response: You look even more beautiful without makeup.

Statement: How do you put up with me, I'm so bitchy.
Unwanted Response: Well, some days it's tough...but then I try to imagine what it would be like to be married to Kate Gosselin, and think atleast you aren't that bad.
Proper Response: I don't think your bitchy, and I love everything about you.

Statement: I think I need to go with a 1 piece this year, my body is not fitting in to a bikini.
Unwanted Response: Yeah, no one wants to see 10 lbs. of potatoes in a 5 lb. bag!
Proper Response: But I think you look hot in a bikini.


No comments:

Post a Comment