Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Addicted

So, if you know me, you know that I am the poster girl for Yo-Yo dieting. Last year when I was going to get married (never happen, but that's a different blog ;) ) I got all the way down to 140 lbs. and was in a size 6 wedding dress! Which was very exciting for me, since I'd never had clothes that were in the single digits before. I did this by working out with a personal trainer 3 days a week, and doing cardio for the other 2 days. I was also doing the Weight Watchers program on my own. And then....I gained it alllllll back, plus some. So I was thinking..what will make this time different for me?

This time I have to have a different mindset to survive. I am going to treat my eating like an addiction. When you are a drug addict trying to leave a sober life, you must "stay clean" no matter what. Never pick up, no matter what. You do this because you know that the drugs will take you over, and impact your life in negative ways. I am taking this approach with eating. Soda, the Big Mac meal at McDonalds, Potato chips have to be all equal to drugs in my mind. I can not pick them up, no matter what. I must stay clean because my body, my confidence will all be negatively impacted.

This time will be different, I know it. This time, I'll be bulletproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment